海の日(Sea Day) (July 17, 2011)

Hey...how is everyone doing in Las Vegas? Well that's great. I heard you got some well deserved rain...we also got some rain but I'm not going to say it's well-deserved. It's actually raining really hard right now and there is a typhoon on the way so its pretty exciting.

Well we had interviews this week. It was fun to go down to the Nagoya fish market. It wasn't quite as fishy this time though because we went in the afternoon and they are all done gutting the fish and cutting up sting rays by that time. President Baird was Good. Its always nice to talk to him. I remember how bad my english is when he's around because he uses words that no one can understand. I think he makes up words and then gets them added to the dictionary because they are in there but any way it was real nice to see him. We had a nice talk about my area and the investigators here and how we can help them. He gave me some advice and has been following up with me sense. So that is good. We are trying to get Emi baptized but she went out of town this weekend because it is a national holiday today. Today is sea day. Yay for sea day I'm pretty sure no one knows what it means or why they have it but it is a holiday. Any way no one had to go to the sea today because it came to us...haha but seriously it did. Any way enough about sea day...ummm Emi is supposed to get baptized this weekend but because of parent's permission and everything it is going to be pretty difficult but we are going to work our hardest to accomplish this. But ya I like President Baird, he is a very smart person.

We had a pretty good expirience yesterday but we always offer our help to less actives and they usually say no but yesterday after church they call us and ask us to fix a bike. Well, it was harder than we thought because the bike was locked and the key was lost. So we tried to pick it and break the lock but it didn't work. Like why don't they teach that in Boy Scouts. I'm an eagle scout but I can't pick a lock...come on. I was embarrased but any way we carried his bike to the bike shop so that they could fix it because he needed it today. We figured that the bike was in the mire so we pulled it out. Any way it was nice but there we met the less actives friends who like as soon as she started talking to us tried to Bible bash us but what they don't understand is that there is nothing to bash against when it is personal testimony. So it was interesting. She was way nice but any way it was good.

Anyway..we have a busy and exciting week ahead of us. Well yesterday at church I gave a talk on the pioneers. As I prepared for the talk I learned how the trials made them better people and strengthened their faith. So it is a good thing we have trials so that our faith can be strengthened. Have a nice week.

Love
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment