すき焼き (sukiyaki) (October 16, 2011)

Well we had another interesting week here in Japan. It is starting to cool down and rained a little bit this week but it was nice.

Well I went to the police station on Saturday. I'd rather not say why I went to the police station but it was a way funny experience. So my companion and I walked through the front door and there was this police officer doing something with a teenager ,he just stops and walks up to me and asks me what I need...then I blink and there are 8 cops swarming around me. Asking me what I need...then one of them tells me that the police office is closed. I was like really they are like yes. Then they started asking me why my Japanese is so good, which always makes me happy when people ask that. But either Japanese police officers have nothing to do or that Americans look really guilty. It was just a funny experience. I'm still confused why I needed 8 cops to help me.

I also had this new dish which I'm pretty sure I haven't told anyone about. So in celebration of my birthday we went over to a members house on Monday night. So in Japan they have this portable stove thing so your food can be hot while your sitting at the table...so on that stove thing they cooked (see sometimes they cook their meat lol) meat and mushrooms and other vegetables in this sauce called sukiyaki sauce....pretty clever name if you ask me. But so they cook that and then you take an egg and crack it in a bowl...you mix it around and then when the vegetables and meat is done you take it from the pan and dip it in the raw egg and eat it. It was actually pretty good. When I come home I'll be sure to make it for everyone, so that you can see what you are missing. But that family has an 18 year old daughter that hasn't been to church in a couple of years probably because there is no one her age in the branch but she usually doesn't like listening to the lessons but we were able to teach her a powerful lesson about the book of mormon and how it can help us in our lives. Her parents are really strong members and bore testimony to her and it was a great experience.

So yesterday we a person come to church. She is 26 and is actually really good at english. She seemed to enjoy church and made many friends so that is exciting. She has such a great heart and just wants to learn more so it's great. I actually gave a talk in church which isn't unusual in a small branch. But I talked about faith and the power that we have if we have faith. I also talked about how to get faith. We have to first act and then the miracles will follow. I have seen that through my mission and throughout my life. Especially if in learning Japanese, as i try to talk to people God has blessed me with the gift of tongues.

And by the way our english class is going pretty well. We actually started the children's englsih class about a month ago and not too many people are coming so we went around to preschools and gave flyers that we made for the preschools. They volunteered to hand them out so hopefully that helps.

Have a great week. Continue following the council of the prophets.

Love
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment