文化祭 (Cultural festival) (October 2, 2011)

Well we had a pretty cool day today. We went to one of the high schools nearby because there was a festival. It was pretty fun I thought. Two of the less actives in our branch go there along with many other people that we have met. So it was very fun. We made a lot of friends...maybe too many. We went there with a member but we talked with the high schoolers more than the member. That was cool. The problem was that people kept buying food for us...or just giving food to us. Like it was good for a while but then like it was too much. I mean it was really good for our English class because we told everyone that we teach free englsih and now we are good friends but it was too much food. We were talking to this group of high schoolers and ther was this girl who spoke really good english so we were trying to get her to come to englsih class and she asked if I wanted fish. (now this is after I ate sembe. yakisoba, karaage, ramen, more sembe, creme puff balls and more) So I told her I was full and I couldn't eat. She just smiled and turned to the guys who were cooking it and said...he says he wasn't hungry. I was like no. So I ended up with fish on a stick. The eyes and everything staring at me. They were nice and didn't make me eat the head but everything else I ate.. I still have that taste in my mouth. ;( . O by the way senbe is this shrimp flavoured cracker maybe but its like10 inches long and its 4 inches wide. Then there is an egg...fish dry ramen noodles... sause and mayonaise. it is pretty interesting but it is challenging to eat...its messy. Im just going to say the sembe is better than the fish thing.

So this week was pretty good. We are working with our branch on the pool of propinquity. We are trying to get 500 people into it. Then with those 500 people we have monthly contact with all of these people. The members are going to help us, because 500 people is a lot of people. We also are going to be praying for everyone in the pool every day so as you can see we definitely need the members help. It is very cool because it is going to help them prepare to be investigators.

We also had a great lesson with an english class student. She is going prett well. She just has the spirit of wanting to learn. It is so awesome. She is doing really well. She hasn't been able to come to church yet but she is praying and reading the Book of Mormon so that is very exciting.

We also saw another miracle. A less active that we have been working with volunteered to pray. He never wants to pray and yesterday when we visited him he said he wanted to pray and he gave a pretty good prayed. It was from the bottom of his heart which is the most important thing. That was very cool. I was very suprised but it was good. His mom who isnt a member is also doing well. She gives us referals all the time but won't come to church. She says she is too old. What is that. No but she is also progressing I think.

I hope you enjoyed conference. I am way excited to hear it. It is so cool having the opportunity to hear the Prophets. They are called of God. Enjoy your week.

Love
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment