温かくなりたい!!(Want to be warm) (March 27, 2011)

Well, It has been a pretty normal week. Actually I kind of felt like I was back in America....a little. we helped the American in our ward move...if his house wasn't completely Japanese it might have really made me feel like I was in America. Like of course for lunch we had onegiri which is pretty good. It is like a giant seaweed wrapped riceball with some sort of fish in it. If that isn't good I don't know what is. Let me tell you though it was quite a move. It is hard moving things through the skinny walls like my shoulders aren't broad and I can't even walk straight through I have to shuffle through...I am kidding but they are pretty skinny. We almost got his couches in our apartment so that would have been cool, but...actually I dont know what happened with them. whatever. It is probably better that I don't have them...too tempting to do some Lehi missionary work if you know what I mean. So we helped him for 6 hours. He is a ward missionary and we have been trying to get him to come to our missionary meeting but he tells me it is boring and in Japanese and he doesn't like Japanese. But eventhough he moved a day before he came to the meeting yesterday so that was really good. It is funny how a little bit of service can completely change someone's mind. He is always helping us but on Thursday he was completely against the meeting and now after we helped him he was able to come. It is amazing how service works. But he is hillarious. He wants to meet President Baird so bad so I gave him the assistant's number and he is trying to set up and an appoitment. He calls the assistants like everyday hillarious but I really think that working with him is a good idea. He is an english teacher and he wants to train the missionaries on how to actually teach english. I am a pretty bad english teacher so he is really helping me. He is a really good testimony builder because he has lived in Japan for 10 years and he still struggles with Japanese. He always tells us that we are walking miracles. He studied hard for 5 years and we are better than him after 1 year. So it is really cool to hear that. We as missionaries are really blessed.

So life still goes on like there never was an tsunami except for all the new missionaries running around. Nothing really has changed it is actually wierd. The only different thing is that you have trouble finding water to buy.

We had a really good opportunity to teach one of our investigators this week. She is kind of hard to meet because we don't have a place to meet but when we met this week the spirit was really strong and we committed her to pray about the Book of Mormon. So right now she is praying to know if this chruch is true. Unfortunately she wasn't able to come to church because she was out of town but maybe next week. Hopefully she will continue to pray so that she can receive an answer.

I love this work. Take care and have a good week


Love
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment