地震 (Earthquake) (March 13, 2011)

Well we are safe!!!!!!!
So Friday when the earthquake hit we were headed to Nagoya on a train. We could only feel it a little. I thought it was because we were riding a train but it was a little worse than usual. We got to the mission home and 10 minutes later president received a call from Tokyo that said evacuate all the missionaries that are on the coast line. The only problem is that trains are shut down. (they are up and running now at least in Nagoya) Eventually all the missionaries got into Nagoya and we are all were safe. It was interesting being part of the task force bringing people in. Who will call who and how will people get to Nagoya and stuff like that. It was pretty intense. There is no way you can practice for this type of situation so it was good. It was funny because some elders freaked out when we called them. We were like it is just a precaution and they are like "we are going to die...we are going to die" but unfortunately people did pass away up north in Sendai. It is a very sad situation and I don't even know what to write...I can see so many blessings that I have received and it is so very sad to see the damage that happened. like really I am speechless I don't know what to write or what people want to hear...it is way sad but I am happy all the missionaries are safe.


Love
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment