大垣市 "Ōgaki" (March 6, 2011)

Well I safely was removed out of my home and into a new area...Ogaki. Ogaki is a way cool city with a lot of people outside and things to do. what I am saying is that it is the opposite of Komatsu. It is fun but the branch is a little different from that of other places let me tell you 10 ways of how you can know if you are in Ogaki.

1. You know you are in Ogaki when there are only 35 people at sacrament meeting

2. You know you are in Ogaki when there is no one to play the piano in sacrament meeting.

3. You know you are in Ogaki when your branch president acts like Michael Scott.

4. You know you are in Ogaki when your branch president is the only one on the stand.

5. You know you are in Ogaki when church is only 2 hours long.

6. You know you are in Ogaki when you sing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" as the closing hymn in sacrament meeting.

7. You know you are in Ogaki when you have to give a talk in sacrament meetings 2 Sundays in a row.

8. You know you are in Ogaki when there are only 3 total people in Sunday school class.

9. You know you are in Ogaki when there are no young men or young women.

10. You know you are in Ogaki when 10% of the peolple who attend sacrament meeting are investiagtors.

So basically that was my experience my first week at Ogaki branch, definately was one of my favorite Sundays of all time. I mean I can see dad sitting there thinking "how can I get my ward on this two hour program...maybe I should move to Japan, Ogaki branch." Just kidding but seriously. It was a way good first Sunday. We had three investigators come to chruch all three have problems that are stopping them from getting baptized but we will continue to help them. One is 80 and can't remember anything we teach him. A little issue but I think he has the best handshake in Japan. The other is 17...yes we are trying to create a young men's but he doesn't think he can keep the commandemts forever, but he can he just doesn't know it yet. The third one wants to get baptized in America. So basically they are all good just we need to help them a little. I love the investigators here. I feel like an english speaking missionary except for the fact I only talk to my companion in Japanese. Like 5 of our investigators speak english and like being taught in English so it is really fun. My companion sturggles a little but he is working way hard to understand English so he can help.

It is way good. I love Ogaki so far and am excited to work here. The apartment is way nice so that is a plus...lol but seriously. Take care and have a good week.

Love
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment