新幹線 (shinkansen, bullet train) (November 14, 2010)

Sweet. Ya so basically it was a way good week. So last Monday we were riding Home from email and we stopped at the railroad crossing. There was this Huge explosion. We still have no idea what it was but it was definately a train exploding. (No mom it wasn't really). So we get to the train station and we are going to Shizuoka and there are no trains. That is just terrible. But wait the Shinkansen line is still open. Which is sweet. We got to ride the bullet train. It was 9 dollars more but so worth it. (We also couldn't take normal trains so). We got to Shizuoka in 10 minutes instead of 45. Way sweet. We were going like 110 milies per hour on average. Way cool. It was like riding an airplane for only 10 minutes.

So from Monday night I was with a second transfer missionary. I saw how much better my language has gotten. He is really good at Japanese, but people were like relying on me to speak..it was weird. If he messed up they would look at me and be like what is he trying to say. It was cool but difficult. He is way better at Japanese than I was on transfer two for sure. We had fun. We talked to a bunch of people and visited investigators and stuff.

One way fun thing is we did the gyoza challenge. I don't really know how to describe gyoza. It is Chinese food and they are like 3 inches long with stuff in the middle. That is all I got. So basically what it is you have to eat 30 gyoza in 7 minutes. So pretty much they bring them straight out of what ever they cook them in and clap 30 on your plate. They are blazing hot. Like she set the plate down and started the timer. I was like shoot. Then I started stuffing my face. Like I think I got 3 down in the first 10 seconds. But my mouth was on fire. So I started putting them in my mounth and taking a drink of water at about the same time. That cooled it off a little bit. But I eventually got down to the last 3 and I look over at the clock and I had 2 minutes left. So I finished easily. My mouth was pretty hot after words. Good thing I finished...if I failed I had to pay 12 dollars which I did not have so it was a good thing.

Now our picture is hanging up in the resturaunt. Sweet. I will try to send a picture of that picture to you.

So cool experience that happened yesterday. We had been housing for along time. Let me tell you. We started at the top of this 14 story apartment building and worked our way down. There were about 12 rooms on each floor maybe I don't know. Finally we got to the last door on the second floor and someone comes out and talks to us. He was the first one in that whole building. We talked to a bunch of people through the little box. There were 2 others that might have interest another time but this man came out of his room. We started talking about how we are representitives of Christ and told him some basic beliefs. He got way happy and told us that he loves God and Jesus Christ but doesn't have a religion. We happily gave him a Book of Mormon. He also has a broken leg and can't go to work so pretty much he has nothing better to do than to read the Book of Mormon. Hopefully he does and he gains a testimony of it. That would be way awesome.

That is all...have a great week.


Love Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment