面接 (Interview) January 10, 2011

Well I hope everyone had a safe week getting back to school and everything. We had a pretty good week here. It has been snowing pretty good. It actually rained all day yesterday and then at night it turned to snow and snowed all night so we have a lot of snow on the ground right now. Dad, you went to a Japanese steak house? I dont know how Japanese that is because I have never seen one in Japan. Actually that is not true. They have steak houses here but they are completely different from that of American style. I don't think they really know what steak is here because if I go to a steak house here they are going to give me this meatloaf stuff. It isn't bad but it definately isn't steak but they call it steak. The sad thing is it is probably about the same price as an American steak.

This week was pretty good. We met with Chris (the guy from Denver). He was way cool. We gave him a bag of our gummy worms so we are practically best friends. He is way cool but he seems so much older then us. I don't know why he is only 22, but anyway we invited him to this ward activity but he wasn't able to come. Hopefully we can meet with him again this week and get him to come to church.

This week though we had a ward activity. It was called a mochitsuki party. It was actually pretty fun. So Mochi is rice smashed together. It is very very sticky and apparently a lot of people die from it because they swallow too much and it gets stuck in their throats. I just chew it for like 30 minutes and eventually it goes swallow it down. But anyway at a mochitsuki party you make the mochi. So you cook rice and mix it with hot water and then hit it with a giant hammer. So I got to use the giant hammer and beat the rice. It was pretty fun but a little tiring. Then we got to eat it. It isn't too bad but they put some interesting stuff with it that I probably wouldn't make my worst enemies eat. They also put it with peanut butter powder which is pretty good. So that was a fun experience for us.

This week we also challenged a 13 year old boy to baptism. He comes to church every week with us which is really good. he has a lot of friends at church which helps a lot. He told us that he didn't want to get baptized yet but I think if he keeps coming to church he will eventually have a desire to get baptized. He is Peruvian but speaks perfect Japanese. Unfortunately his dad doesn't so we think his dad is a little against the church. I need one of my Spanish speaking brothers to come over here and convince him that we are good. I think president will think that a cross country companion exchange will be a good idea. We will see.

We also had interviews this past week. That was a good experience. We talked a little bit about my area but we talked a lot about learning the language and how I can keep improving on that. Hopefully as I apply his advice it will help. We also have a Zone conference this week so I am excited to go to that. It is from 9 am to 5 pm. Really it will be like the longest meeting ever. We were supposed to invite members and when we told the members they were so shocked it was that long but I am excited. Have a good week. The Gospel is true.



Love Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment