秋 (Fall) September 26, 2010

Good Afternoon,

What's up? It has been another great week here on the island nation of Japan. It was an interesting week. I was in Numazu all week. I am sure all of you know exactly where that is. It is actually pretty close to Tokyo. I got on a train to Tokyo while I was there but I got off before I made it to Tokyo. While I was in Numazu it rained on us. The smart misssionary that I am and the eagle scout that I am thought that I would not need a rain jacket or rain suit of anykind. On Thursday I am pretty sure a typhoon hit us. I am not sure because I haven't watched the weather for a while but it was. It like dumped buckets of rain on me. I did have an unbrella but it is hard to use when the rain is coming side ways. It was fun. We made the safe walk to english class and taught . Our shoes were all wet so we all took are shoes off and were wearing socks. Some of the students thought they weren't supposed to wear shoes in the church. In Japan some buildings you have to take your shoes off first before you enter. It was fun.

Another funny thing about Japan is that sometimes when you go into to people's houses they make you put on slippers. They never have my size in fact the largest they ever have is like a size 9. It is pretty funny. So I wear these slippers but my heal is sticking out of the end. Then if you use the bathroom in their home you have to put on the bathroom slippers. It is very interesting. I don't know why but that is just the way it is.

It is starting to get pretty cool outside. I can ride my bike for like a whole 5 minutes before I start to sweat, just kidding but seriously the weather is getting way nicer.

So on Saturday we went to chill at the mall. Why one might ask, well it is a great opportunity to find people. It is easier to talk to people and become friends if we know what they like. But yesterday we went to the food court where a lot of people are, and we played jenga. Yes it is a pretty good attention getter. We talked to a few people. We tried to get a girl to play but her boyfriend wouldn't let her. I can't inmagine why, but we become friends with people and then share the gospel and then baptize them. It sounds like a good plan ot me.

We do a lot of finding here because we have very few investigators. This area was opened up pretty recently so there aren't too many investigators. We do a lot of finding, and knoking on doors all day can get boring so we have fun and it works pretty well. We have one really good investigator who said she wanted to be baptized. Of corse, my companion and I were thrilled but she wants to learn more so that is good. She loves the plan of salvation and thinks it is the coolest thing ever. Probably because it is like the coolest thing ever. Like we can live forever with are families. If that isn't cool enough we also get to live with God and Jesus Christ. So it is the coolest thing ever.

Keep having fun.

Love
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment