意志あるところに道は開ける "Where there is will open the way" (September 5, 2010)

Whats up


It has been another wonderful week here in Japan. I think it was one of the hottest. but thats ok. I was hoping it would start to cool down soon but whatever.

So we went on companion exchanges this week. It was pretty fun. I went to Gifu. The elder I was with is a great example for me. He is from Utah but he went trainer on transfer 3. He is now on transfer 4 and doing well. He is also pretty good at Japanese and that is why he went tranier...probably. It was fun. Gifu is like a major city compared to Inuyama. Inuyama is kind of a city but kind of not. Its difficult to explain.

We found this cool Brazilian guy the other day. He was wearing a back brace so we asked him why and he said he got hit by a car. Then he's like I have like nothing to do. So my companion and I gave him something to do. He is going to read the Book of Mormon. He was actualy very excited. He tried to pay us for it but we insisted that he could have it for free. Finally I told him we can't read pourtuguese so please take. He told us he would read it all. That was really cool. We are excited to meet with him.

So we have an english sunday school class that we attend everyweek. It is very fun. Lately a lot of spanish people come so we have a english/spanish sunday school class. It is very fun. I am always learning alot. it is very interesting. There are more people in that class than the japanese class.

Ya so whenever we ride the train we try to talk to people as we ride. we have met alot of different people, sometimes they are not in our area but we can give them as referals to other missionaries. I recently talked with a guy who had previously met with other missionaries. I thought that was funny. He was from Brazil, but now living in Japan. He didn't live in our area but we still got his information and gave it to other missionaries. That was pretty cool.

Trains are actually crazy here in Japan. Like whenever we come home from Nagoya the trains are packed. Everyone tries to get on and you are all up against each other. It is very uncomfortable. One might ask why don't you wait for the next train. The problem is the next train is just as full. It is very sad. It is a very unique experience. It is very hard to talk to people when you are on very packed trains but we try.

We are going to try to go to Inuyama castle today. I have lived here for four months but I haven't gone yet. It looks way cool from far away.


So have a great week. It seems like everyone had fun starting school.


Love

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment