転勤します (The transfer) September 12, 2010

What is up everybody?

It was a great last week in Inuyama. I was able to go see Inuyama castle. It was incredible. It is up on the mountain that overlooks the river. If anyone is ever in the Nagoya, Japan area I would highly suggest checking it out. It was so cool. We got to go into the castle and climb to the highest watch tower. It was way cool and a way good place for a castle. I think it is a pretty good defense place. The Inuyama castle is the oldest castle in Japan so that's really cool too. As we were climbing up the stairs there were creeks everywhere. It was kind of scary. It was really cool though.

So this last Saturday I made pancakes for the ward. They had an activity so I made pancakes for them. It was awesome because everyone loves pancakes. The hard thing was that all I had was a frying pan so I only could cook one at a time. It took a while but it was fun. We actually got 3 investigators to come. That was really cool. The sad thing is that investigators will go to that thing with no problem but then not come to church. Why can they come to a 4 hour activity on Saturday but not 3 hours of church on Sunday, I will never know. Yesterday was good. We went to the bishop's house. It was really good. We had this wierd egg thing with like mushrooms and raddish and eggplant. It was pretty good. He also gave us kimchi because he knows I like it. It was way fun. We also visited a less active member. They were Brazillian. It was fun talking with them in Simple Japanese with some Portuguese thrown around. Ya but they gave us these chips and man they tasted like seaweed. I can see why they gave them to us. Of course I ate the whole bag but man they were weird. I might as well have been eating seaweed.

So transfer calls were this morning and let me tell you they just make you nervous. Then they called at like 9:50. They are like Elder Fedrickson you are...not transferring. He is actually becoming a trainer. He is way nervous. Its pretty funny. I am transferring. I am going to a place that I think everyone wants to go. I am excited to be going there. When the assisstant called me he told me I was going to the mountains. So yes I am going to Fuji!!!!! Yes that is the biggest mountain in Japan, so I am very excited to go there. I packed this morning and all my stuff is headed there including my bike so I have no bike today or tomorrow. So we all meet at the Nagoya train station tomorrow and I will be on my way to Fuji. I Hear it rains alot there too so that will be fun.

It is going to be sad leaving this area. I have made a lot of friends. the ward is very nice but I am excited to move on. Everyone has been nice to me as I have struggled with the language. It is still pretty rough. I can understand decent but sometimes I can't say anything that I want to. It is very frustrating but also it is very humbling.


Have a great week. Keep up the hard work



Love Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment