忙しい (busy) (December 11, 2011)

We have had another extremely busy week. We can't manage to stay in our own area for too long. We had the opportunity to go down to Nagoya and hear a general authority. It was a very good meeting. I was able to learn a lot. We talked a lot about trials and why we are given trials. It's very interesting. I think in the April conference, Elder Christopherson told a story that explains it best. He talked about a kern bush and then how Hugh B.Brown didn't get a promotion because he was a member. He later learned that God was preparing him to become an Apostle. It's very interesting the way trials can help us.

When I was traveling to Nagoya I had the opportunity to talk to some high school students on the train. It was probably one of the most interesting experiences because I never expected it to happen in Japan but they saw that I was a Christian and we started talking about Christmas. After that, they were like do you know Adam, and I'm like of course. They were all shocked and then I started talking about the fall and prophets. It was way cool because 99.9999% of Japanese high school students don't know any of that so it was cool to talk about it with them. They are doing a play at their high school about it so I thought that was really cool.

Englsih class is going really well. We are starting to teach free private lessons but basically the free private lessons are lesson 1 in Englsih and it has gone really well. Two people have shown a lot of interest so that is good. Along with that we are still doing Book of Mormon Englsih class and all the students are still reading the Book of Mormon so it is going great.

When we came here to Hamamatsu, the Bishop was kind of cold...like he wouldn't really talk to us. He would just shake our hands and kind of ignore us but yesterday he came up to us and shook our hands and then one of the speakers didn't show up so he asked us to speak in Sacrament Meeting. I thought that was a blesing because it shows that he trusts us. Our topic was Duty to God and how it has helped us. Funny thing is mom and I last week emailed about what I learned from Brother Horsley, so I talked a little bit about that and the great experience that it is and how much it can help. It went pretty well but I am thankful for my leaders and parents that helped me to prepare for this mission. Well, honestly nothing will prepare you fully for a mission but you can try to get as close as possible.

I am thankful for the opportunity I have to be in Japan for one more Christmas. It is a speacial place. Have a great time and be thankful for this time of the year.

Love
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment