ビックリしたよ (I was surprised) December 5, 2010

I feel like all too often I bag on Japanese food. Although there is some very interesting Japanese food for the most part it is really good. I really do love Japanese food. I mean they do have the best sushi. They also have the best Ramen. They really do have great food. I could go on and on about it so it is good.

It has been a great week in Fuji! It was also my last week in Fuji. I am very sad to go and I am suprised. I Love this area and the peaple here. I was able to build trust and friendship with the members. It is too bad that I have to go. My last week in Fuji waas pretty good. Our Bishop gave us a list of 300 part member families to go visit. These part member families are all less active. We started visiting them but really had no success. We talked to a few nice people but it is sad to see what has happened to some of these people. They are all very nice but it is way sad when they have no desire to come back to church.

We also talked with Suzuki this week. She has been really sick...she has been in and out of the hospital. She is not doing well at all. We are trying to help her but she just wants to rest and get better. We also found a new investigator. My companion and I were both looking at this house with tons of Christmas lights. That is pretty rare in Japan and some one else was looking at it. So we started talking to her. She is a little crazy but really wants to learn the meaning of Christmas. We are really excited to start teaching her even though I won't be here. She also wants us to teach her daughter eventhough her daughter is in her 30s. It will be great I hope that all goes well eventhough I won't be able to fully follow-up with her. I am way sad to leave here. It is a pretty place. There are wonderful people here that love to help us.

Another thing is that the place I am transfering is cold. Fuji is warm considering it is December. There is not snow in Komatsu yet but there will be soon. I am excited to move on. It will be a great experience I think. My companion is also from Vegas so we will do some missionary work Las Vegas style. It will be sweet.

Have a great week,

Love
Elder Nelson

adds from another email

We asked Riley if he felt the earthquake that we heard about on Tuesday that the news reported and here is his reply - I didn't feel it. I have felt a couple but they have all been way small. Our new phones that we got have an earthquake warning system on it. Pretty cool, but it didn't go off recently so I dont know.

Another question - we told him we heard that he doesn't get cheese over there and asked if that was true? his reply - Ya no cheese. Sad. It is ok we can get cheese it is just like 400 yen for like 200 grams which is way ridiculous. I bet you miss it? Ya i do but they don't have things in America that Japan has...for example I can't buy a whole squid in an American grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment