寒い (cold) (December 12, 2010)

Well I have successfully been relocated to Komatsu. Unfortunately it is way cold. Like I will not lie to you...I have been here for 6 days. It has hailed for 3 of them and snowed one of them. The snow isn't sticking yet but it will start soon I think. My companion and I always Joke that we have been sent here to be punished because we are not made for the cold. Everynight we plan and sit around our heater because it is too cold to do it anywhere else. We Just got this new gas heater. It is sweet but it only heats up one room. The rest of the apartment takes a while to heat up. Don't worry our room was just hardcore inspected by a senior missionary and we passed so we should be safe for the winter. The apartment is pretty big, but the appliances inside the apartment are way old. I will not complain though because it is definately enough to survive.

So on Tuesday I left Fuji shi. It was way warm too, but I left Fuji at around 830. I took one train all the way to Homamatsu. That was about a 2 hour and 30 minute ride. Then we hopped on a train that took us to Toyahashi. That was about 1 hour. Than we got on one last train that got us to Nagoya, which took another hour. So I get there talk to some missionarry friends they leave then we leave then we hop on a Shinkansen for a few stops then another train and 3 hours after Nagoya I am in Komatsu. It was a way long day. I went from one end of the mission to the other. Crazy. That blasted a whole in my budget though so hopefully I can get reimbursed or else I'll be eating ramen for every meal...lol but seriously.

So here in Komatsu we have some pretty exciting things happening. We actually have very few investigators and the investigators we do have are having issues getting permission from their parents so we are doing some interesting finding ideas. As you know I speak English. Most Japanese people want to speak English so we have started teaching them English using the Book of Mormon. We hope this will spark people's interest and feel the spirit as they read this. We have one normal English class at the church. President Baird gave us some ideas to offer to teach free English and businesses. So we now teach two English classes to business members using the Book of Mormon. We also went to a hospital and offered to teach doctors and nurses. We also got a publication in a weekly letter with our number letting people know that we teach english for free. Hopefully through all these things we can find some investigators. When we start teaching we tell them that we learned Japanese way quickly and used the Book of Mormon, so then they are like if we read the English Book of Mormon we can learn English so that is good. It is way funny to go into business and proselitize but hopefully it works.

I'll let you know more about it next week other than that it looks like this next week will be way fun...have a great one.


Love,
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment