A lesson learned (September 18, 2011)

Well, I have learned alot this week but I think the biggest thing I learned was to look both ways before you cross the street. I also learned of the healing power of cookies, and I'm sure I learned some other things but I'm just drawing a blank.

But anyway this week we had speacialized training. So we went down to Nagoya and met President Baird and a lot of other missionaries there. That is always fun to do. We talked a lot about how to be better teachers. We talked a lot about love and how we have to love people as we are teaching them. If we Love them and ask them questions we won't have to wonder what to say. I think Elder Holland says that in pmg pretty well. But he hit a point which I found interesting. But in 1 John 4 it talks about God and the nature of God. It also says that if you Hate your brother you can not love God. Which means that if you hate your companion you hate God. I found that interesting and so because I Love God no matter what I will love my companion. He said a lot of cool things that I really liked and another thing he talked about was revelation. A lot of times we look at revelation about being this hard thing and something that is nearly impossible to receive but it's not. It is so simple. We get revelation and we don't know it. I thought that was interesting also I liked how he explained the spirit. If you see an apple on a tree. You know that it is an apple tree. So then if you notice one of the fruits of the spirit (Galatoins 5) you know that it is from God. I thought that was interesting.

Well my companion got hit by a car this week. He was fine but I learned that I have to look both ways before I cross the street. The lady felt terrible and he was alright but it was traumatizing for me. The only thing that broke was a pencil. So that is good.

Also my branch president has been sick for a while so we decided to make him cookies and he is convinced I gave him magic cookies because after he ate them he was healed. He has thanked me like 5 times since so that was pretty cool.

We had a really good experience on Thursday and Saturday with an english student. One of the students came early and we talked to her and all we did was ask questions which she answered just the way we wanted. For example how do you feel when you read the Book of Mormon. "confused but I have a good feeling". Well we can tell you how you can have that good feeling all the time it is through something called baptism, can we teach you more about this. She said yes and we had a meeting on Saturday and the spirit was very strong. She really wants to learn so hopefully she continues to read the Book of Mormon and pray.

We also had a lesson with a part member which went really well. The mom(non member) Went to church 30 years ago and felt a good feeling and still remembers. Unfortunately she has trouble walking now but maybe she will come to church when her legs get a little better.

Have a good week

Keep strong

Love
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment